Multiple log files?

From: Robert Shaw
Subject: Multiple log files?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:13:20 -0800

After starting up a new cfengine setup, I seem to have a collection of "runlog" and "log" files with odd hostnames:

-rw-------  1 root  wheel  344B 27 Jan 19:02 cfagent.myhost.local.log
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  321B 27 Jan 19:00 cfengine..runlog
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  191B 27 Jan 18:21 cfengine.localhost.runlog
-rw------- 1 root wheel 77B 27 Jan 18:03 cfengine.myhost.local.runlog
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    3K 27 Jan 19:02 cfengine.myhost.runlog

What causes the variation in the names? I have been experimenting with removing the cfagent.conf and other various files to see if the update.conf puts it back. This may be the cause of these files, but it seems like at least more than one of them is getting updated with every run, even when there is nothing to be updated.

Is there some way to fix/hardcode or prevent these runlog filenames?

-Robert