access permissions problems

From: Harry Hoffman
Subject: access permissions problems
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:11:16 -0500

hi all,

so, I am having what seems to be access permissions problems when attempting to copy from the policyhost to a client.

Both systems have each others keys.

I have a entry in cfservd.conf on the policyhost that looks like:
/srv/cfengine/SITE/hosts/FQDN        FQDN
(where FQDN is the fqdn of the host)

I also have a copy statement like so:
$(master_files)/$(fqhost)/etc/sysconfig/iptables dest=/etc/sysconfig/iptables
                                syslog=true
                                inform=true
                                server=$(policyhost)
                                define=restartiptables

I then run cfservd on the policyhost in the foreground
cfservd -d2 |tee -a CFSERVD-DEBUG

I then run "cfagent -q -v" on the client (cfexecd is not running at the time)

The output of the client shows:
Jan 31 17:13:18 HOST cf:HOST[3554]: Can't stat /srv/cfengine/SITE/hosts/FQDN/etc/sysconfig/iptables in copy

The output of cfservd -d2 shows

Access privileges - match found
cfservd: Host FQDN granted access to /srv/cfengine/SITE/hosts/FQDN/etc/sysconfig/iptables
Clocks were off by 0
StatFile(/srv/cfengine/SITE/hosts/FQDN/etc/sysconfig/iptables)
OK: type=0
 mode=640
 lmode=0
 uid=0
 gid=0
 size=2311
 atime=1107269765
 mtime=1105327736
Transaction Send[t 71][Packed text]
Attempting to send 79 bytes
SendSocketStream, sent 79
Transaction Send[t 3][Packed text]

So, it seems to show (i think) that the file was copied? Unfortunately, it wasn't copied.

I'm kind of at a loss for where to go next.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Harry