Re: copying files back to the server

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: copying files back to the server
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:24:44 -0700

Check out the rules regarding iteration ( at:
http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Iteration-over-lists)
In a 'copy:' action, list variables can be iterated over in the
'server=' field, and the source or from field (not the destination
field).  I haven't done what you are trying, but in my experience with
iteration in other actions, you can get surprising results by using two
list variables in an action.  That is, it might attempt 9 copy actions
with 2 list variables with 3 values (3X3).  You might just avoid using
the filename in the copy action, instead do a directory to directory
copy.

Of course you have to be running cfservd on the slave servers, with
properly configured access control...

-Ed