Authentication problem

From: Anthony Barlow
Subject: Authentication problem
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:00:37 +0200

Hi People,

We have suddenly started to receive a large number of emails like this one. Cfengine as been running for a while without any problems.

cf:AHYPvaal: Challenge response from server pnp01/XXX.X.X.XXX was incorrect!
cf:AHYPvaal: Authentication dialogue with pnp01 failed
cf:AHYPvaal: Challenge response from server pnp01/XXX.X.X.XXX was incorrect!
cf:AHYPvaal: Authentication dialogue with pnp01 failed

When we run cfagent in verbose mode from the command line we see:

cfengine:: Trusting server identity and willing to accept key from pnp01.pnp.co.za=XXX.X.X.XXX

With no errors reported.

Deleting and re-generating the keys on the policyhost and the clients does not seem to help. DNS resolution seems to be working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony Barlow

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za