Re: editfiles missing the profound function?

From: Yaroslav Halchenko
Subject: Re: editfiles missing the profound function?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:41:25 -0500

damn me - I should probably RTFM once again.
I've checked and indeed DefineClass is caused on per file basis not on
per-rule basis. What I mean is that if for the same file I have two
rules setup because there are different classes

class1::
{ FILE
   modifications1
  DefineClass c1
  }

class2::
{ FILE
   modifications2
  DefineClass c2
  }

then even if modifications1 are not done, it defines c1 if
modifications2 were done... aaaa - that sounds "not good". It seems to
be not that crucial but can have sideeffects I would say.

Indeed your double-command should be fine under current cfengine :-)

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark