Re: segmentation fault in InitializeLocks

From: Knut Auvor Grythe
Subject: Re: segmentation fault in InitializeLocks
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:59:06 +0100

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:35:18PM +1100, Tim Nelson wrote:
>> Is there any reason not to add this to the end of the kickstart script
>> itself, avoiding rc.local completely? After all, kickstart has a
>> possibility to run custom scripts at the end of the installation.
>
>       While I fortunately no longer have to deal with kickstart, I found
> at my previous workplace that the kickstart environment was quite limited,
> and although I struggled with it for a long time, I eventually decided
> that it wasn't worth the effort, and settled on the solution above.

I'm not sure about KickStart any more (it's been some time since I used
it), but in AutoYaST all you need to do is make cfengine and wget default
packages and then do the following in your script:

  * start the network interface (might not be needed in kickstart)
  * wget a simple client config
  * run cfagent

Although you probably get in trouble if you have weird dependencies in
your cfengine stuff. But you would't want to have that anyway, would
you? =)

--
Knut Auvor Grythe
ITEA Systemdrift