Re: editfile question

From: John Borwick
Subject: Re: editfile question
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:37:22 -0500

Sean Atkinson wrote:
Hi,

Recently I've been getting to grips with cfengine, hoping to use it to
manage all the configuration details for large Linux desktop
deployments.  As an example to understand its use, I want to apply the
following diff to the X server's configuration file to add support for
remote access with VNC:

In my experience, for small "stateless" files like /etc/hosts, you can get away with EditFiles statements. For larger files, I would just copy them from your cfengine server.

Copying the configuration files from a server also forces you to standardize on one (or a few) configurations, which IMHO is really helpful.

Yours,
John
--
           John Borwick