Re: Fifteen Minute Time Class Definition

From: Mark Burgess
Subject: Re: Fifteen Minute Time Class Definition
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:43:39 +0100

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:31 -0500, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:
> I have the following definition.
>

>         (Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4)::
>
>         /etc/hosts.allow
>                 dest=/etc/hosts.allow
>                 server=192.168.1.1
>                 encrypt=true
>
> Will this execute every 15 minutes?   Or will it execute only at Hr00_Q1,
> Hr00_Q2, Hr00_Q3, Hr00_Q4?
>
> For some reason this file is updated around 00:10 a.m., and has been
> updated recently and none of the hosts running cfexecd every 15 minutes
> are picking it up.
>
> Do I have to be more explicit?   This is on linux hosts running
> cfengine-2.1.13.

If you run cfexecd every 15 minutes, the the classes are redundant. you
could simply write

 /etc/hosts.allow

                dest=/etc/hosts.allow
                server=192.168.1.1
                encrypt=true

knowing that it will only get run every 15 minutes anyway. If cfexecd
does not itself run that often, then the rule will not work more often
than it is run.

Probably you have an "ifelapsed" default set to an hour or seomthing and
you are getting caught on locking. Try adding ifelapsed=10 to this
command.

Also try cfagent -p -d3 | more and see exactly what cfagent thinks it
needs to do.

Mark