relstring patch

From: Erik Williamson
Subject: relstring patch
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:24:22 -0700

Hi,

I was monkeying around to add in support for Scientific Linux so that 'scientific' would be set as a class, when I realized that the SL folks capitalize the 'R' in the word 'release' in /etc/redhat-release. This caused neither vendor or release to be set.

Here's a patch (against 2.1.13) that converts to lowercase the relstring (once the vendor has been discovered) and solves this. At the same time, it adds in support for Scientific Linux.

Hope this helps!
Erik.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
 system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary