(no subject)

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:19:30 -0500 (EST)

I don't understand why I get what appears to be duplicated information
from cfexecd emailed to me.   Sometimes it appears to be duplicated,
sometimes not.

Here's an example

cfengine::in/cfagent -i -: host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: Reading Package
Lists...
cfengine::in/cfagent -i -: host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: Building
Dependency Tree...
cfengine::in/cfagent -i -: host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: bin is
already the newest version.
cfengine::in/cfagent -i -: host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: 0 upgraded, 0
newly installed, 0 to remove and 53 not
upgraded.
host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: Reading Package Lists...
host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: Building Dependency Tree...
host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: bin is already the newest version.
host2->:sr/bin/env PATH: 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove
and 53 not upgraded.

This is occurring on linux 2.1.13 and solaris 2.1.10

My cfagent is huge so I'll try to keep it minimal

import:

        any:: cf.groups

        # Service Specific
        dns:: cf.dns

        # OS Specific
        solaris:: cf.solaris
        linux:: cf.linux

control:

        actionsequence  = ( copy )
        Underscore_Classes = ( on )
        access          = ( root )
        EmailFrom       = ( cfengine )
        EmailMaxLines   = ( 10000 )
        EditfileSize    = ( 800000 )
        Repository      = ( /var/cfengine/backup )
        SplayTime       = ( 4 ) # minutes
        IfElapsed       = ( 2 )
        ExpireAfter     = ( 2 )
        OutputPrefix    = ( "$(host)->" )
        sysadm          = ( seppy )
        AllowRedefinitionOf = ( OutputPrefix smtpserver sysadm )
        Split           = ( " " )

Is this occurring because I'm explicitly importing OS?   I'm beginning to
think that has something to do with it, because I believe the duplicated
output is only in the OS specific definitions.

Any theories on how I might resolve this?

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen