RE: companies using cfengine ?

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: companies using cfengine ?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:56:58 -0600

Not sure that this helps your case much but Encyclopaedia Britannica
uses this on all of our unix server from content distribution to
development, solaris and linux (~100 hosts). I installed it when I first
got here and now it's integrated into our backup strategy, production
deployments, host builds, some monitoring, and scheduled processes.

I've ingrained it into the culture such that it's used as a verb now..."
are you gonna cfengine that process".

I, like many other on this list, could provide a laundry list of things
cfengine is useful for, and likely more cost effective for, though I
don't believe I've seen a justification paper.

Good luck convincing "management".