Re: Strange behavioural differences when invoking cfengine through cfrun

From: Eric Dorland
Subject: Re: Strange behavioural differences when invoking cfengine through cfrun
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:08:56 -0500

Alright, I did a bit more research and I discovered some more puzzling
things. From the debug ouput I have this:

GetMacroValue(main,RPMcommand)
cfpopen(/bin/rpm -q --queryformat "%{EPOCH}:%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}\n"
ntp)
Appending [(none):4.2.0-7]
cfpclose(pp)
cfpopen - Waiting for process 23981
RPM Package ntp not installed.
AddMultipleClasses(ntp_uninstalled)

So looking at the code this seems to indicate that the rpm command is
succeeding but the cfpclose.

And now I've found
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cfengine/2005-02/msg00013.html
which describes the problem perfectly and there's a patch attached I'm
going to try. But this sounds like the fix, and I can confirm the
problem is still there in 2.1.13.

--
Eric Dorland
eric.dorland@mcgill.ca