Re: Strange behavioural differences when invoking cfengine through cfrun

From: Eric Dorland
Subject: Re: Strange behavioural differences when invoking cfengine through cfrun
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:48:32 -0500

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:20 -0600, rader@ginseng.hep.wisc.edu wrote:
> PLEASE complain LOUDLY to the list about this bug!

Yes, this is a really annoying bug! It was really hard to figure out as
well. I've taken out the SIGCHLD line and now it works just fine with no
ill effects. Isn't SIG_IGN the default anyway? Why not just install a
signal handler that calls wait?

> Alas I suspect Mark doesn't have any RHEL3 systems and since
> only two of us have complained, he's not very motivated to
> fix it.

I also have a YellowDog 4 system, and it's broken there too.

> I don't know about you, but not being able to push and
> not being able to debug with "cfrun somehost" really sucks.

It really sucks, especially since I'm rolling out things right now and
doing a lot of debugging...