Re: GCC_FLAG always set to -g, can that be changed via a configure call/

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Re: GCC_FLAG always set to -g, can that be changed via a configure call/environment variable setting?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:13:54 -0600 (CST)

Hi Tom,

Have you tried:

./configure --some-option --other-option GCC_FLAG="-O2 -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wuninitialized"

Regards,
         /\/elson

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Sweeney, Tom (MSL - SVV) wrote:

Hi Folks,

        I'm compiling cfengine on HP-UX using gnu C.  While running
configure, it looks like configure hard sets the GCC_CFLAG to

       GCC_CFLAG="-g -O2 -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wuninitialized"

        if the gcc compiler is found and the compiler is
working/available.  Without going in and editing configure or the
resulting Makefile, is there a way to get configure to NOT add -g to
GCC_CFLAG?  Best bet would be to allow GCC_CFLAG to be set like CFLAGS
can be.  I.e. './configure GCC_CFLAG="-O2"' or what have you.  That
doesn't appear to work as configure never checks to see if the user
supplied GCC_CFLAG; at least as far as I can see.

        Unless I'm missing something, it looks like it always compiles
with debug turned on for gnu C.

        Thanks!

        Tom Sweeney