RE: GCC_FLAG always set to -g, can that be changed via aconfigure call/e

From: Sweeney, Tom (MSL - SVV)
Subject: RE: GCC_FLAG always set to -g, can that be changed via aconfigure call/environment variablesetting?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:59:04 -0500

Thanks for the suggestions.

However, neither

        make GCC_CFLAG="..."

or

      configure GCC_CFLAG="..."

        works.  gcc still compiles with GCC_FLAG set to "-g -O2
-Wreturn-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wuninitialized"

        However before your suggestions I was looking only at configure
and didn't think to dive into the Makefile.  When I did, I stumbled
across some documentation on the file config.status.  If you change the
value in there for GCC_CFLAG and then do a "make Makefile", things get
righted.

        A much nicer solution would be to allow the GCC_FLAG variable to
be set as an input for configure.

        If I should enter this as a bug, please let me know.

        Thanks all,

        tom

Ps.  I hate changing config files, bad mojo!  ;^)