Re: Too many cfagents running. Was: Load problem with cfservd

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: Too many cfagents running. Was: Load problem with cfservd
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:59:39 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Baker, Darryl wrote:

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.baker@gedas.com>
*** Signed: 3/15/2005 12:28:32 PM
*** Verified: 3/15/2005 12:30:08 PM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

Installing the latest snapshot has reduced the problem with system

Now I'm finding that cfexecd is starting one cfagent every 5 minutes
even though I have the schedule set to only run in Q1 and
Q4."schedule = ( Q1 Q3 )" Why?

I'm not sure, but I suspect that you'll find it's only every 5 minutes in the 0-15 minutes part of the hour, and the 30-45 minutes part of the hour. Try schedule = ( Min00_05 Min30_35 )

        Hopefully it's more obvious what that does.

I'm not sure enough of the internal workings of cfengine to explain exactly why yours does what it does, but I know the above works for me, and I'm guessing that that's essentially what you're trying to do. As to my guess as to what it's doing now, that's based on a gut feeling, not a rational explanation.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator