copy and editfiles

From: greg
Subject: copy and editfiles
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:22:47 +0100

Hi,

I'm sure the question has been already talked about, but I can't find an answer
on google/wikis/docs:

I'd like to use cfengine as an "config file installer", in addition with its
ability to "survey" the
config files integrity.
I have 20 servers which have the same config files, but thoses files have some
different line
according to the server: its IP address or hostname for example. So I decided
to use template config
files, and the "copy" and "editfiles" commands, :

copy:

    /config_template dest=/.../configfile
    server=$(policyhost)

editfiles:

    /.../configfile
    {
     [...]
    }

But in this case the copied file will be changed, and the next time cfagent is
run, it will copy it
again. And that's what I can't do, because of the bandwith of the network
between cfagents and cfservd.
So, is their a way to copy the file once, edit it, and be sure the file will
stay the same? If
"editfiles" could update the hash-sum ...

     greg

--
http://www.livretdulibre.org/html-ed2/livret_libre.html