nohup in shellcommands: cfengine waits indefinitely

From: greg
Subject: nohup in shellcommands: cfengine waits indefinitely
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:05:11 +0100

Hello there,

I have a startup script that I'd like to run whith shellcommands. This script
uses nohup to run the
binary file:

#!/bin/shell
[...]
su - ${user} -c "nohup /opt/foo/bin/bar &"
exit 0

In my cfagent.cfg file:

shellcommands:

"/my/init/script start"

The problem is: when I run cfagent, it "waits" for /opt/foo/bin/bar. I have to
stop /opt/foo/bin/bar
to make cfagent end properly. Otherwise, I have to Ctrl-c it.
I already tried "background=true", "useshell=false", the result is the same.
When I try "timeout=X", cfagent ends properly, but /opt/foo/bin/bar doesn't run.

I don't understand what's wrong with my script, or my conf ? Thanks a lot for
your help !

        greg

--
http://www.livretdulibre.org/html-ed2/livret_libre.html