Re: Random Bracket mismatch errors

From: Mark Burgess
Subject: Re: Random Bracket mismatch errors
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:27:03 +0100

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 14:10 -0500, Eric Dorland wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 09:13 +0100, Mark Burgess wrote:
> > Is this error reproducible? Could you get a cfagent -d0 -p dump? Is this
> > a recent version of cfengine?
>
> It is not really reproducible. I see it a few times a day from random
> machines, but there's no real pattern to when it happens. Eric Sorenson
> seems to think it's a threading issue (which makes sense, given the
> somewhat random nature of this bug), so I'm going to try to build
> without threading as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Eric, please heed the following advice and answer the following
questions to let me help you:

1) Does the error come from cfservd or cfagent or where?
2) If the error comes from cfagent, you are wasting your time disabling
threading. Cfagent does not use threading, This will simply be a waste
of your time.
3) Tell me what version you are using and describe the error clearly and
precisely in every detail. I need to see the offending lines of the
config file in particular,

Without this info, I simply have no context in which to guess where you
error is occurring, I would like to help. but I need info.

best wishes
Mark