dying cfservd - need hints

From: Yves
Subject: dying cfservd - need hints
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:59:57 +0900

I see the cfservd daemon dying up to 10 times a day in an installation in a new
location.
While starting the daemon with "cfservd -Fv", I see the following last lines
before dying

Assertion failed: md_c[1] == md_count[1], file  md_rand.c, line 312
Abort (core dumped)

I found the code snip in the oppenssl src (attached file)
#if !defined(OPENSSL_THREADS) && !defined(OPENSSL_SYS_WIN32)
        assert(md_c[1] == md_count[1]);
#endif

Does sombody know, what the problem is ?
Unfortunately, it' is not possible to compile a new version right now. So if
there are some hints to make a workaround or give me more detailed informations
- it would be very helpful.

I don't use the "encrypt" option in copy action.

environment of cfengine-master-server:
        * cfengine v2.1.10
        * OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
        * aix 5.2
        * 630 clients connecting every hour to update/check 37 config files
(splaytime 50min)

Gruß Yves

 Y99@gmx.de am 23.03.2005 15:02:58Uhr