Cfrun parameter parsing bug?

From: Mark
Subject: Cfrun parameter parsing bug?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:32:59 -0700

Hi all,

I just got cfrun to remote-update a machine. However, there seems to be some
problem with parsing the parameters.

As far as I understand, the parameters are split into 3 groups, separated by
"--", so we have
cfrun <params for local cfrun> -- <params for remote cfagent> -- <addl active
classes>

I want to pick a specific input file to execute on the remote server, the same
way as if I would call "cfagent -f
<special_input_file>" over on the remote box. So I use:
cfrun -- "-f /home/server_config/cfengine/inputs/update.conf" --

However, I receive this:
cfservd Executing /usr/local/sbin/cfagent --no-splay --inform
/home/server_config/cfengine/inputs/update.conf
cfengine:::0: Warning: actionsequence is empty
cfengine:::0: Warning: perhaps cfagent.conf/update.conf have not yet been set
up?

So it seems to cut off the "-f" and therefore does not understand that the
filename I give it is the input file I want it to use
The same thing happens if I use "--file <special_input_file>"

Strangely, "-qf <special_input_file>" works - and for that matter any other
parameter between the "-" and the "f"... So this looks
like a bug in the command line parsing algorithm... Is that right? If not, what
am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

MARK