CFEngine 2.1.14 on AIX 5.3 - Resolved

From: Gehring, Andrew x66132
Subject: CFEngine 2.1.14 on AIX 5.3 - Resolved
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:45:33 -0400

I been successful compiling CFEngine 2.1.14 on AIX 5.3 using the following:

AIX 5.3
VisualAge 7.0.0 - 60 day demo available @ ibm
BerkeleyDB 4.3.27
OpenSSL-0.9.7g
flex 2.5.4

The issues I ran into, unresolved symbols, were due to compiling OpenSSL with GCC, and then trying to compile CF Engine with VisualAge (VA), Thanks GOOGLE!

After recompiling OpenSSL with VA (NOT 64 bit, causes different unresolved symbols issues), I was successful at getting CF 2.1.14 to compile and install. I have done no testing as of yet.

Note: As discovered earlier in the process flex is required as AIX's yacc "sucks"

Thanks for all of the help, especially on the flex issue...

Andrew