Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:01:32 -0400

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 17:22 -0400, Dmitry Sazonov wrote:
> Christian Pearce wrote:
> > SMC cfengine package dumping core?  I don't believe it ;)
>
> hmm, some of those blasterware mirrors are out of date, I had to check few
> before I found the fresh one.
> and cfengine has dependencies. so my install is delayed  a little... I have
> SMC openssl pkg that is used by openssh and others,
> I'm not sure they won't conflict or if it's good idea at all to install same
> repackaged stuff over and over...

CSW install everything in /opt/csw and they statically link.  So you
should be okay.  Provided you don't add /opt/csw/..something../lib to
your LD_LIB... path.

> PKGname       Software name   Description
> CSWossl       openssl         OpenSSL Secure Sockets Layer lib and utilities
> CSWcommon     common  Installs some useful standard CSW filesystem symlinks
> and files
> CSWbdb3       berkeleydb3     file based pseudo-database library
>

> > Where did you define the schedule?
>
> [root@inet640 inputs]# more /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf
> #
> # $Id: cfagent.conf,v 1.8 2005/04/20 15:57:13 cfengine Exp $
>
> groups:
>         cfengine_server = ( inet640 )
>
> control:
>
>  any::
>
>   domain                = ( aamc.org )
>   smtpserver    = ( mailrelay.aamc.org )
>   sysadm                = ( dsazonov@aamc.org )
>   server = ( inet640.aamc.org )
>   workdir = ( /var/cfengine )
>   configroot = ( /export/cfengine )
>   actionsequence        = ( shellcommands files )
>   ChecksumUpdates       = ( on )
>   ifelapsed = ( 0 )
>   Inform = ( on )
>   schedule   = ( any )

Is it still borking?  I never saw anyone use "any" as a schedule.  I
would like to think this would work.  At least that is what I would
expect.  But try doing

    schedule = ( Min05_10 Min10_15 Min15_20 Min20_25 Min25_30 Min30_35
                 Min35_40 Min40_45 Min45_50 Min50_55 Min55_60 )

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.sysnav.com