Determing if pipe exists

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Determing if pipe exists
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:42:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello:

I have 10 servers that run a process that requires that a specific pipe
exist.    Periodically the process that creates or deletes the pipe can
sometimes fubar, and I'm left with a regular file which unleashes holy
hell.

So what I need to do is configure cfengine to detect if this file exists
as a pipe or as a regular file.  If it exists as a regular file delete the
file and create a pipe, and make sure the ownership and permissions are
correct.

Does anyone have an idea how I could implement these tests into cfengine?

I think I've seen an ifFileExists ( ), but I'm not sure that would work.

Thanks for the help.

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net
608.826.1464