Re: cfengine and revision control

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: cfengine and revision control
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:42:01 +1000

This one time, at band camp, "Sami J. Mäkinen" wrote:
>Then, you have to configure each host to retrieve the overlay tree
>from the master server. You could use either a "copy:" section
>in cfagent.conf or rsync -e ssh. It's your call.

We do something similar to this already, it's pretty easy:

cfservd is configured to allow access to /var/cfengine/data/$(host) for the
ip of each host

A m4 macro CF_COPY_DATA_FILE(filename) expands to copy data/$(host)/filename
to filename on the local server.

each machine that will end up copying filename needs a copy of that in
data/$(host) on the master.

I plan on extending this to reduce the number of identical files duplicated
on the server, using the singlecopy directive described earlier in this
thread.