Re: Ordering and cfengine 3 (was RE: Is this quirky for a simple copy, e

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Ordering and cfengine 3 (was RE: Is this quirky for a simple copy, editfiles operation?)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:21:37 -0500

Ed Brown wrote:

> Wouldn't Brendan's idea of multiple passes, well, converge quicker,
> than waiting for multiple runs of cfengine to catch up with
> 'uncleared' class definitions?

We could do both. :-) It might add more robustness to cfengine if
unsatisfied dependencies were preserved between runs. What if the
cfengine run is cut short before it completes all the necessary
passes? I don't think that we can assume that cfagent will be able to
complete all of it's tasks before being cut short by an admin running
"/etc/init.d/cfengine stop" or some timeout causing aborts.