Re: How to not pass --inform to cfrunCommand

From: Eric Dorland
Subject: Re: How to not pass --inform to cfrunCommand
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:21:37 -0400

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 12:11 -0400, Dmitry Sazonov wrote:
> Eric Dorland wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a cfrunCommand to look like this:
> >
> > cfrunCommand = ( "/usr/sbin/cfexecd -1" )
> >
> > I prefer using cfexecd so I get the output emailed to me. Unfortunately
> > (as of 2.1.14 I think), cfexecd does not accept the --inform option. Is
> > there anyway to not pass that switch? Any other clever workarounds
> > anyone can think of?

I understand what Inform does. I don't have it turned on. However, from
the manual (page 141):

The '-q' and '-I' options are always assumed when executing cfengine
remotely

So the -q -I are always appended to the cfrunCommand. This is
undesirable in my case, since I want to use cfexecd -1 as my
cfrunCommand (so the output is emailed to me), but it doesn't understand
-I. Is there anyway to disable that or any workarounds people are
using?

--
Eric Dorland
eric.dorland@mcgill.ca