Re: update.conf not copying cfagent.conf?

From: PAUL WILLIAMSON
Subject: Re: update.conf not copying cfagent.conf?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:43:14 -0400

>>> "Tim Nelson" <architect@webalive.biz> 05/18/05 4:50 AM >>>
> On Tue, 17 May 2005, Kelly Brown wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul:
> >
> > Try this the first time you run it...
> > cfagent -f /etc/cfengine/update.conf
>
>       Just a clarifying note that /etc/cfengine/update.conf
> should be replaced with the location of his update.conf.  My
> automatic setup puts update.conf into /var/cfengine/inputs
> on each new machine, so I never have to specify the -f option.
> Sure it gets overwritten on the first run, but that doesn't bother
> me :).

Right.  This was my attitude as well.  Although I'm a bit confused
how cfengine would get update.conf to a machine where nothing
is running yet.  If a machine is brand new to the network, is my
only option to copy update.conf from the source policy master
to the client manually?  At that point, I'm guessing if I have a
entry in update.conf where cfagent is specified to start like so:

processes:

  new_cfenvd::

    "cfenvd" signal=kill restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfenvd -H"

cfagent should grab the cfagent.conf file from the policy master?
Or, do I need to go read up some more?

Thanks a ton,
Paul