Re: Excluding .svn directories not working

From: Erik Williamson
Subject: Re: Excluding .svn directories not working
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:15:55 -0600

Heh, I got bitten by this a while ago.  You need to say:

    ignore=.svn

instead of 'exclude', and all your worries will magically go away.

Best,
Erik.

Eric Dorland wrote:
Hi,

Ok, I have a feeling I'm doing something brain dead, but I recently
switched to storing my master files in subversion, and now I can't seem
to include .svn directories when doing directory copies. I have a copy directive that looks like this:
copy:
        nagios_master::
        ${etc_root}/${host}/nagios      dest=$(nagios_etc)
                                        server=${server}
                                        recurse=inf
                                        exclude=.svn
                                        backup=false
                                        verify=true
                                        owner=nagios
                                        group=nagios
                                        define=nagios_reload

But the .svn directory still gets copied. I even have an ExcludeCopy
that looks like:

ExcludeCopy = ( *~ *% core .* CVS .cvsignore .svn .svn/* )

And still .svn directories are copied everywhere. Please, someone point
out my folly.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
 system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary