copy from multiple hosts

From: Benjamin P Myers
Subject: copy from multiple hosts
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:31:31 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to get my policy server to retrieve some basic info about each
machine on my network.  Since I've got a few groups that have all hostnames
in them, I figure this should be pretty simple:

directories:

        /var/log/monitor m=0700

        policyhost::
        /var/log/monitor_all m=0700

shellcommands:

        "/bin/cat /proc/version > /var/log/monitor/$(host).kversion"
        "/bin/sed -n /MHz/p /proc/cpuinfo > /var/log/monitor/$(host).Mhz"
        "/bin/sed -n /MemTotal/p /proc/meminfo >
/var/log/monitor/$(host).MemTotal"

copy:
        policyhost::

        /var/log/monitor
                dest=/var/log/monitor_all
                recurse=inf
                encrypt=true
                server=host1:host2:host3:...

However, I can't use iteration for the server in copy: .  Is there a good way
of doing this short of a separate rule for each host?

Thanks,
Ben