Re: signal processing?

From: Mark Burgess
Subject: Re: signal processing?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:44:57 +0200

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 04:24 -0700, Chris Babcock wrote:
> Does anybody know if the cf* processes respond to a -HUP signal to reread
> their configurations, or do I have to completely kill the process to to
> force a reread of their configuration files?

The cf daemons do not respond to the HUP signal for rereading. None of
the components have to reread anything except for cfservd, and this
automatically detects whether to update the file whenever it is "safe"
to do so. Safe means that the server is not in the middle of handling
some requests.

Some people have reported problems in which the files are not reread,
but I have not been able to reproduce these. In future versions this
might be handled differently.

Mark