Re: Exec a script to determine further action based on return code.

From: rader
Subject: Re: Exec a script to determine further action based on return code.
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:11:32 -0500

 > Brian E. Seppanen wrote:
 > I have an action that I need to perform on a regular basis, and the
 > means of determining if the update should be done requires an SQL
 > query.    I can write a script that will return 1 or 0 to define a
 > variable, but how do I provide the feedback to cfengine based on the
 > return code as to whether the action should be performed or not...
 >
 > Any ideas appreciated?

use a module?  here's the general idea, albeit untested...

steve
- - -
systems & network manager
high energy physics
university of wisconsin

bash$ sudo cat /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf
[...]
control:
  addinstallable =  ( sql_query_is_true )
  moduledirectory = ( /var/cfengine/modules )
  actionsequence =  ( module:SomeSqlQuery ... )
[...]
shellcommands:
  sql_query_is_true::
    "/bin/echo the sql query is true"
[...]

bash$ sudo cat /var/cfengine/modules/module:SomeSqlQuery
#!/bin/sh
sql_query_is_true() {
  # if query is okay, then
  #   success... return 0