Module Classes not invoking Copy action

From: Darren
Subject: Module Classes not invoking Copy action
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a pretty strange problem going on with my installation of cfengine on solaris (2.8). It may occurr on other OSes as well, but I haven't had the opportunity to test those yet.

What I've got is a class (Web) that's being set by a module at the beginning of the actionsquence. When I run in verbose mode, I can see that it is actually being set properly.

During the copy phase, I've got an action defined:

Staging.solaris.Web::

The Staging class is set as a group of hostnames. I've verified that it is also being set properly as is the hard class 'solaris'. The action never happens, though. In the verbose output I can see other copy actions (those without the 'Web' class) checking to see if they should run based on the checksum of their destination files, but this one doesn't even do that; it doesn't activate at all.

Replacing the Web portion of the compound class with the hostname causes it to activate every time.

I have an alert defined later on in the same imported file with the same 'Staging.solaris.Web' class. It never fails to activate.

Anyone have any insight as to what I might be missing? I had been running 2.1.10, but I upgraded to 2.1.15 today to see if that might magically fix it with no luck.

Thanks

--d