Re: file exclusion pattern for checksum

From: Wil Cooley
Subject: Re: file exclusion pattern for checksum
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:36:48 -0700

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 15:44 -0700, Mark Foster wrote:

> So the exclude "pattern" does not work. What kind of regex would
> properly represent /etc/mtab, and how would I combine other file paths
> to make a compound regex to exclude other paths as well (e.g.
> /etc/ntp/drift comes to mind).

exclude=mtab should work; it matches relative to the /etc.  You can list
multiple exclusions, too:

/etc
  exclude=mtab
  exclude=ntp/drift

Do you really expect to have other file systems mounted under /etc?  If
not, you don't need the 'xdev' (unless I'm mis-remembering its purpose).

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley@nakedape.cc>
Naked Ape Consulting, Ltd. <http://nakedape.cc>