cfengine on OS X

From: Atom Powers
Subject: cfengine on OS X
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:19:01 -0700

What advice can you give me for running cfengine on a Mac OS X Xserve?

Initially I'm just going to be using it to watch and provide a
changelog on the config files without enforcing any configurations.
Eventually it will also enforce configurations, once I can assure
management that it is safe to do so.

How does cfengine enforced configurations affect the gui tools?
How easy it is to use a built-in non-root account for cfengine, or to
create one?

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--