Re: Testing File Mod (Time or Sum) to define action

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Testing File Mod (Time or Sum) to define action
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:33:29 -0500

Brian E. Seppanen wrote:

> I'm not copying it from anywhere. I want cfagent to test this file
> at specific times. If this file has changed from the last check then
> define an action.

Keep a copy and compare it to the original. If they are different, then
define a class. You can use the IsNewerThan evaluated class:

    classes:
        file_changed = ( IsNewerThan(/copy/file,/main/file) )

See
http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Evaluated-classes-and-special-functions

And then have whatever action you take based on "file_changed" being
defined also update /copy/file from /main/file if you only want the
action to happen once.

You might also want to use ChangedBefore, depending on what you are
after.