Re: Defining a Class based on ShellCommand Output or No Output

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: Defining a Class based on ShellCommand Output or No Output
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:41:16 -0600

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:45, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:

> If I run that on the command line it doesn't work,

I hope you meant to say it DOES work from the commandline, else why
would you expect it to work in a script, unless I misunderstand you.
But doing a 'netstat -an' and grepping for 898 could be matching other
places, that's why I used '-ln' in my suggestion, which, on linux
anyway, only shows 'LISTEN'ing ports, not every connection and open
socket under the sun.  Also, I would try it without the qualifying
"any::".

Try without the '-q' if you want to actually see what's being matched.

-Ed