list iteration, appending lists to lists?

From: Steve Wray
Subject: list iteration, appending lists to lists?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:22:11 +1200

I had thought that I could use list iteration like this:

somelist = ( foo:bar:baz" )

anotherlist = ("somefile:$(somelist).conf" )

and that this would expand to:

"somefile:foo.conf:bar.conf:baz.conf"
when I used it in a 'files' action.

But it doesn't. It expands into:
"somefile:foo:bar:baz.conf"

which is less useful to me.

I've been trying to figure out how to make it work as I want, but no
luck so far.

Suggestions would be welcome!

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing
it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx