Re: quoting and parentheses in ExecResult?

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: quoting and parentheses in ExecResult?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Steve Wray wrote:

> For reference, the original, commandline looks like this:
> /bin/echo baz|sed -e "s/^\(.*\)$/&.conf/g"
>
> My question, then, is how (apart from using an actual script in a file)
> does one quote and escape such an expression to fit it into ExecResult?

To short-circuit cfengine trying to expand this, instead of trying
a literal $ you can use the $(dollar) construct.

http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Special-variables

--
 - Eric Sorenson - N37 17.255 W121 55.738 - http://eric.explosive.net -
 - Personal colo with a professional touch - http://www.explosive.net -