Lists in copy

From: David Ferch
Subject: Lists in copy
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:57:15 +0200

Hi,

I'm testing around with the lists feature. But I can't imagin what's the lists feature good for on copying files. I know, I can only copy files to files. But, If I choose a list with files in it, I can't use an directory as destination. And copying different files to only one destination file isn't useful, is it ? So, is there any kind of hidden variable for the used file in every iteration on the list ? Maybe something like this:

copy:
  /src/dir/${my_list_of_files} dest=/dst/dir/${target_file}

where ${target_file} contains the list member on every loop.

Maybe someone out there can explain it.

Thanx,
Dave