Re: avoid cfengine run during %post section of KickStart installs

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: avoid cfengine run during %post section of KickStart installs
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:39:34 -0600

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 23:05, Jeremy Mates wrote:
> Due to significant differences between the Kickstart environment and the
> resulting system (the kernel, db4 libraries, shell commands, and more!),
> I do not run cfengine during %post, and instead configure cfengine to
> run at startup from /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

The choice to install and run cfengine for the first time in %post of a
kickstart install has been debated here before.  It's very much a
personal choice.  I don't believe there are 'significant' differences,
and many people use %post, because it is powerful and convenient to
build and configure completely, reboot once, and be up and running.  By
its nature, kickstart is not intended to be interactive and it can be
tricky to get a working script.  But it's completely doable, and
completely worthwhile.

-Ed