trying to exclude directories/files from a "home" loop

From: Marco van Beek
Subject: trying to exclude directories/files from a "home" loop
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:26:33 +0100

Hi,

I have a home directory with the usual assortment of user
subdirectories, plus a "lost+found" directory, and a aquota.user file

I am running a cf file which creates subdirectories within the user
directory (for example I am creating a ./files subdirectory for samba to
use so that the user doesn't end up seeing .bashrc, etc)

files:
        any::
                home/FILES/.
                    mode=0700
                    action=create

It would appear that the lost+found sub-directory is ignored by cfengine
when looping through /home, but it tries to create subdirectories under
aquota.user

I have tried an ignore section with an entry of /home/aquota.user but
this doesn't seem to make a difference. I have tried both an exclude and
an ignore entry on the directive line itself

ignore:

    any::
        /home/aquota.user/*
        /home/lost+found

files:
        any::
                home/FILES/.
                    mode=0700
                    action=create

with:               exclude=aquota*
and even:           ignore=aquota*

But none of this seems to make any difference. It does seem bizarre that
the system is able to at least try and create a subdirectory in a file

I am using cfengine version 2.1.10. I am also getting the following
error which may be unrelated (just trying to fix one thing at a time,
since I would rather exclude aquota.user first before it does something
bad to it!)

"Directory /home/aquota.user/FILES/. cannot be accessed in files"

I have also noticed that the process section doesn't appear to be able to distinguish between "apache" and "apache-ssl". It can restart "apache-ssl" if it stops, but if /usr/bin/apache stops on it's own it doesn't try to restart it (perhaps it greps and finds the apache-ssl process instead, and thinks all is okay).

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Marco van Beek.