RE: Copy+editfiles

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: RE: Copy+editfiles
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:49:23 -0700

Perfect! Thank you.

-Jason Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Atom Powers [mailto:atom.powers@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:46 AM
To: Martin, Jason H
Cc: help-cfengine@gnu.org

On 8/24/05, Martin, Jason H <jason.h.martin@cingular.com> wrote:
> In that situation, if someone removes / changes a line from
> /usr/local/etc/smb.conf that originated from
> /var/cfengine/work/smb.conf, will cfe rebuild /usr/local/etc/smb.conf?

> If so, this is the solution I was looking for, as it guarantees the
> integrity of /usr/local/etc/smb.conf without making unnecessary
> changes to it.
>
> Thank you,
> -Jason Martin

Yes. That method guarantees the integrity of smb.conf to match the
"source" copy at "$(FileSource)/common/usr/local/etc/smb.conf" no matter
what was done to the local /usr/local/etc/smb.conf. Even if it was
deleted, changed, etc. I believe cfengine also checks the "new" version
against the "current" version and only makes changes if they differ.