problems with trust

From: Bill Gunter
Subject: problems with trust
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:46:19 -0500

I'm having trouble using trust to exchange keys. I got it working for
one server, but it's not working for another. I get this message on the
client while running 'cfagent -v'

"cfengine:viper: BAD: key could not be accepted on trust"

And similarly on the server from cfservd

"No previous key found, and unable to accept this one on trust"

I'm getting this when cfagent is parsing the update.conf file. cfservd
contains the correct TrustKeysFrom entries and update.conf has this:

copy:
    ${configroot}/config/cfengine
        dest=${workdir}
        mode=700
        owner=root
        recurse=inf
        ignore=CVS
        server=$(server)
        trustkey=true
        type=binary

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I'm running v2.1.15.

Thanks.
--
Bill Gunter
Assistant Director of Information Systems

ARC Systems
P: 512.358.5377
F: 512.892.5552
<www.arcsystems.com>