Re: Possible bug: parsing/scheduling of editfiles sections in multiple c

From: Luke Kanies
Subject: Re: Possible bug: parsing/scheduling of editfiles sections in multiple cfengine scripts
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:54:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Tim Nelson wrote:

>       I was under the impression that cfengine won't run the same thing
> twice in the same minute, as a protection device; I think you'd have to
> define the same command twice to get it to run twice.

Even then it won't run it twice; cfengine uses a conversion algorithm
for all of the objects, and then writes a lock based on the converted
objects.  So even if you have the same command twice, they have to be
somewhat different otherwise the algorithm will result in the same name
and the lock will block the second one from executing.

--
If I want your opinion, I'll read your entrails.
             --Doug Shewfelt