DNS aliases and ppkeys

From: David Masterson
Subject: DNS aliases and ppkeys
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:00:18 -0700

I'm considering setting up CFEngine here.  I want to install it on a local
set of systems and then later roll it out to a wider range of (virtual)
systems.  To do that, I want to create a DNS alias for the master machine on
the idea that later I could just move the master machine by (mostly) changing
the alias to point to a new IP address.  What I wondered is whether CFEngine
would (or should) catch this through the private keys?

--
David Masterson
VMware, Inc.