Re: [Cfengine] shellcommands: 3: Bad file descriptor]

From: Michael Chesterton
Subject: Re: [Cfengine] shellcommands: 3: Bad file descriptor]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:30:00 +1000

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> Here's how I configure APT to allow automated installation.

cool, that's something I've been searching for without luck.

After pulling my hair out, I finally nailed it.

Packages that use debconf won't install with cfrun, don't know why,
and I'm not worried about it. It works fine running cfagent directly,
I still have to test if it works from cfexecd, though.

I had another problem where it was still prompting me if I wanted to
keep my own version of some config file, or use the new one in the
package. After more hair pulling, wondering why /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg
wasn't working, turned out to be lcf, so if you're installing packages
and haven't configured /etc/lcf.conf, you might want to look in to it.