Cannot copy to MacOS 10.4 clients

From: James Harrison
Subject: Cannot copy to MacOS 10.4 clients
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:35:55 -0500

List,

I have been using cfengine for approximately a year now, managing a
number of Linux machines.  Over the last week I am attempting to
incorporate some MacOS 10.4 into my cfengine setup.  I successfully
installed and have gotten 2.1.15 running with the exception of copying
files.

The update.conf,cfagent.conf and appropriate other cf files get copied
to the client without issue.  I've put the Macs in a group and I want
this group to receive a set of files.  Unfortunately I am consistently
getting these errors:

Client:
cfengine:inf-bpsint: Received signal 13 (SIGPIPE) while doing [no_active_lock]
cfengine:inf-bpsint: Logical start time Mon Sep 19 09:23:00 2005
cfengine:inf-bpsint: This sub-task started really at Mon Sep 19 09:23:00 2005

ReleaseCurrentLock(no_active_lock)
Unable to delete lock [no_active_lock]: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair
found
PutLock(last.cfagent_conf..copy._var_cfengine_inputs__var_cfengine_inputs_bwd_lnxpatch_internalnetwork_com_3204)
LockLog(Lock removed normally )

Server:

cfservd: Strong authentication of client
inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com/192.168.1.10 achieved
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfclam.cf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfservd.conf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfbpssystems.cf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfgroups.cf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cflinux.cf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfmailhubs.cf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/update.conf
cfservd: Host inf-bpsint.internalnetwork.com granted access to
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfmain.cf
cfservd: Denying repeated connection from 192.168.1.10

I've re-gen'd keys, I've done everything I know to do, but I cannot get it to
copy.  Is there a known bug for this?

The files are some simple shell scripts.

The server is 2.1.15 running on FC2.

As a test I attempted to copy the file to another Linux box, by simply
inserting it into the appropriate group.  The file copied without issue.
That's why I'm wondering if this might be a bug.

--
James Harrison, RHCE