Re: [Cfengine] using copy the "wrong" way

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: Re: [Cfengine] using copy the "wrong" way
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:02:58 +0200

Marco van Beek wrote:
Hi there,

Is there a way of making cfengine move files from the client to the server using copy? (in other words, the "wrong" way)

I know I can trigger an rsync command using a shell command, but I was wondering if there is a way of making cfagent upload rather than download via copy.

I can't use NFS and pretend the remote server is local as some of the clients are on the end of a WAN, so I was just wondering if there is a feature or argument I haven't spotted.

Regards,

Marco.

Of course the same copy command you use for clients to copy files from the server. In you server cfagent.conf you add copy statements with server=<clientname> as attribute. This requires 'cfservd' on all clients.

Regards