Re: SIGPIPE problem

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: SIGPIPE problem
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:10:43 -0600

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 15:32, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> /var/lib/cfengine2/bin/cfagent -Dfrom_cfexecd hangs
> Where should I look to reveal the source of the SIGPIPE message?
> I have splaytime to be 50 and maxconnections 40

You are possibly just seeing cfagent delay (splaying) it's start.  And
the SIGPIPE's are typically seen when there is already an instance of
cfagent running.  Try a shorter splay time, even 5 minutes should be ok,
for only 25 nodes.
And when running from the commandline, use '-q' to skip the splaytime.

-Ed